THE NEW BOOK FROM SOPHIA AMORUSO
FOUNDER AND CEO OF NASTY GAL
#GIRLBOSS, the new tome by Nasty Gal chieftain, Sophia Amoruso is slated to be a must have guide for not only female entrepreneurs but women everywhere who want to have the career of their dreams and truly invest in themselves. This message while not new is needed with legions of both men and women venturing out and creating jobs for themselves at this time of financial variability. With the influx of so many entrepreneurs there a need of resources that can further assist us all make our mark in the world. Since #GIRLBOSS isn't available until May 6th (you can pre-order the book HERE) - here we have some invaluable tips from Zenovia Andrews, author and business development strategist on the how to delegate and truly run things.
Zenovia Andrews' Keys To Delegating Your Way To Success
• Understand that your team is made up of human beings. No one can work nonstop, so get your timing right. Know what each employee can handle, and never overwork them. Most people perform at their best when they are consistently busy but not rushed or pressured.
• Focus on the strengths of your team. Delegation is not a dump-and-run tactic. Know your employees and how they fit into your business puzzle. Allow them to do what they do well, and give them responsibilities and authority. They’ll be happier and so will you.
• Focus on your own strengths, then plug the holes. Few of us are great at everything! If bookkeeping’s not your thing, hire an accountant. If you don’t have marketing experience, find someone with proven skills. Trying to perform jobs that you don’t do well will require twice as much effort with less-than-satisfactory results.
• Be the resource king or queen. Your employees are only as good as the resources they have. Make sure that they are equipped to always do the best work for you on a daily basis. Running out of stock, not having new software and not shelling out for that desperately need printer is NOT good delegation.
• Become the fire, ice and motivation behind your team. When they need guidance, give it to them; when they need appreciation, offer it to them. Inspire, motivate and lead by supporting your delegated decisions and following up on them often.
|The 7th rule of being a #GIRLBOSS|
Image Courtesy of SOPHIA AMORUSO | Nasty Gal